SENDYOURMEDIA ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
At SendYourMedia we strive to do our best to care for our valued customers. Still, the actions of individual members can have a significant effect on our system as a whole. This why we trust that you will use our products and services responsibly.
In order to maintain the highest levels of email mail delivery and IP reputation, and adhere to various state, federal, and international laws, SendYourMedia prohibits the use of our website or any of our products or services by any person or organization that:
- Displays or markets material that exploits children under 18 years of age;
- Posts or discloses any personally identifying information or private information about anyone without his or her consent, including children under 18 years of age without their parents' consent;
- Provides or posts any material that is grossly offensive, including blatant expressions of bigotry, prejudice, racism, hatred or excessive profanity or that is obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, excessively violent, harassing or otherwise objectionable;
- Pornography or illicitly pornographic sexual products, including but not limited to adult magazines, video and software, escort services, dating services, or adult "swinger" promotions; provided, however, the foregoing prohibition shall not apply to established retail home-based party businesses;
- Instructions on how to assemble or otherwise make bombs, grenades or other weapons;
- Engages in any libelous, defamatory, scandalous, threatening, or harassing activity;
- Introduces viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spyware or other harmful code;
- Provides or posts any content that advocates, promotes or otherwise encourages violence against any governments, organizations, groups or individuals or that provides instruction, information or assistance in causing or carrying out such violence;
- Posts or displays any content, including any image, that infringes, misappropriates or otherwise violates the intellectual property rights of others, including but not limited to authors, artists, or photographers;
- Sells or promotes any products or services that are unlawful in the location at which the content is posted or received;
- Sells or promotes Illegal drugs and contraband that are unlawful in the location at which the content is posted or received;
- Sells Illegal goods, pirated software or media;
- Probes, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network;
- Breaches or otherwise circumvent any security or authentication measures;
- Attempts to access, tamper with, or use non-public areas or parts of the Services, or shared areas of the Services you haven't been invited to;
- Interferes with or disrupt any user, host, or network, for example by sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing any part of the Services;
- Attempts to access or search the Services by any means other than our publicly supported interfaces (for example, "scraping");
- Sends unsolicited communications, promotions or advertisements, or spam;
- Sends altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information, including "spoofing" or "phishing";
- Abuses the Services in a manner that circumvents their storage space or streaming limits;
- Sells the Services or Services accounts via unauthorized channels;
- Uses automated or other means to create accounts in bulk or to access the Services other than by using our official interface and/or APIs;
As an email service provider, we are committed to preventing spam-related abuse. We depend on our reputation in order to service our customers and ensure deliverability. This is why you may only use Send You Media to send Emails to people and entities that either:
- Gave you written (including electronic) permission to send Emails to them, have not withdrawn that permission, and gave you that permission in the past 12 months.
- Did not object to promotional content you sent them in the past 12 months.
- Gave you their name and email address in connection with a purchase, or negotiations to purchase, a product or service from you, have not opted out from receiving your emails, and either purchased something from you or negotiated a purchase from you in the past 12 months; or didn’t object to promotional content you sent them in the past 12 months.
If you send Emails to a list and you get an unusual amount of SPAM complaints, ISPs will start blocking emails from your company. They will also ask SendYourMedia to shut down your account. So if you don't have proof that every recipient on your list opted-in to receive your emails, or otherwise meets the requirements listed above, then please don’t import the email addresses into SendYourMedia.
The following are some steps you can take to avoid accidentally becoming a spammer:
- Sending your first campaign to an old list? Some recipients may not remember you, and they could report you for spamming. It is good to remind them who you are and how they got on your list.
- If you are importing from a CRM, break your list into separate segments or interest groups so you can send relevant content to your customers. It is not recommended to just mix different lists together and send one mass email to everyone at once.
- If you are sending on behalf of clients, it is advised that you educate them about responsible email marketing.
- Before importing a list into SendYourMedia from your CRM or another database, read and understand our Terms and Conditions of Use. Remove any prospects or leads that did not request email marketing from you or otherwise meet the requirements in our Terms. Even if you are sending email marketing to customers that consented to receive your Email, you are still required by law to allow them to opt out of your email-marketing list. We recommend that you turn on that feature in your CRM tool.
In the event that you engage in any of the activities listed above, in our sole discretion, we reserve the right to terminate your access to or use of our products and services, disable your SendYourMedia account or access to our products and services, and remove all or a portion of your content, in each case at any time, with or without notice and without refund. We may, in our sole discretion, also report your activity to the applicable legal authorities or third parties for abuse or fraud prevention.
In addition, SendYourMedia reserves the right to prohibit the use of SendYourMedia's products or services by any company or site in its sole discretion.
As always, sending unsolicited commercial email is FORBIDDEN. See our Terms and Conditions of Use for details.
SendYourMedia reserves the right to change or modify this policy at any time.
Thanks for taking the time to read our Acceptable Use Policy. We sincerely hope you always have a positive experience with SendYourMedia.